Summer is coming to an end and it's time for the kids to go back to school. We love our children and cherish the moments and memories of long summer days, but summer vacation is over and so are the busy tasks of travel, camp, flights, road trips, packing, unpacking and extra laundry. So, it's time for parents to take a breather and focus on some fun stuff before rigorous fall sports schedules and routines ramp up. Yes, it's time for some PAMPERING!
Here are the Top 10 things we think every parent needs right now.
1. A spa visit. It's time for some rest and relaxation with a good massage, facial, body scrub, or other spa treatment. Book your spa appointments today at one of Westfield's many options. Visit On The Side Day Spa, BlueMercury, Bare Skin, Facial Reality, Jersey Boutique Spa, Skin Savvy, or U Relax. See the list.
2. A mani and pedi. We are on top of our pedicures all summer long, but many of us fall off once the weather cools down and the kids are back in school. Treat yourself to a mani and pedi to keep yourself looking and feeling great. First Class Nails, Glamorous Girlz, Joy Nails & Spa, The Nail Boutique, Serenity Nails, and coming soon Nails Spa & Beyond. View a listing of these businesses.
3. A chill. Visit Chill Cryotherapy to relieve pain & inflammation, lose weight, and enhance athletic performance. www.chillcryo.net
4. A new outfit. Just because you deserve it. Feel good and enjoy Fall with some shopping at one of our downtown retail stores and boutiques.
5. A girls day or night out. During the summer months, friends are away or gone on weekends and time just flies by. Now that school is back in session, schedule a lunch or a night out to unwind and have fun with the girls. Meet for a coffee, lunch, happy hour or dinner at one of these downtown restaurants.
6. A good book. Maybe you did some summer reading, and maybe you just meant to. Either way, now is a good time for some new books. Grab a few from The Town Book Store and dig into them this fall on a cozy chair and under a blanket. www.townbookstore.com
7. A great bottle of wine. Get your favorite bottle of wine, and enjoy it with a quiet evening at home or with friends and family. Visit NosVino, The Liquor Basket, Trader Joe's, or Westfield Wine & Liquors. View them here.
8. A dietary cleanse. Try a healthy dose of fruits, juices and natural foods to cleanse the body. Several places in town offer 2-5 day cleanses or simply healthy tonics. Visit Via Nutrition, Fresh Bui, Juice Junky at Feast and Ono Bowls. See the list of juice places.
9. A New Workout Gym or Routine. There are so many amazing places in Westfield for yoga classes, Bar, Pilates and more. Get into a new routine by switching it up. Try some new classes at any of these fabulous workout facilities. The Bar Method, Bella Vida Yoga, Club Pilates, POE Yoga, Power Stretch Studio, Raritan Valley Gyrotonic, Satsang Yoga Studio, Westfield Fitness. See the list.
10. New Makeup, Brows, Lashes. It's time for new fall makeup, a fresh look at those eyebrows you've been meaning to tame or enhance, and perhaps a look at some new long lashes. Try one of these fine establishments. Blende Beauty, BlueMercury, Amazing Lash Studio, A Face Forever, Jersey Boutique Spa, Lashzilla Lash & Beauty Boutique, Lord & Taylor, and R Studio Lash Spa. View the list.