Summer Playground Program
Unplug this summer and make memories at the Summer Playground Program!
We are happy to announce that we will be offering a modified program this year and look forward to welcoming our participants back for a fun-filled summer!
Due to construction and other projects expected to take place at the Westfield elementary schools this summer, we have made the decision to relocate our Summer Playground Program to Memorial Park and Tamaques Park. Although these new locations differ from a long-standing tradition for many Westfield residents, this is our best option to be able to provide the program and get our participants back to enjoying our summer offerings.
The Summer Playground Program will run from 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM, Monday through Friday, from July 6 to August 6. To help facilitate social distancing, we will stagger drop offs (to begin at 8:15 AM) and pickups (to go through 1:00 PM). Programming will be held entirely outdoors, which will include tents for shade and use of the pavilion in Tamaques Park. In the event of hazardous weather conditions, the program will be canceled for the day.
Registration begins Tuesday, May 4th at 9 AM by Clicking Here, at a cost of $350. Spots are limited as we are required to follow strict guidelines set by the State Department of Health. Registration is available for children going into 1st grade to going into 5th grade in September 2021.
As always, the health and safety of our campers and staff remain our top priority, and we will be implementing the following COVID-19 protocols in accordance with the New Jersey Department of Health guidelines:
- Group Size – Groups will be smaller and formed by grade, with rotations to different activities.
- Daily Screening – All campers and staff will be temperature-checked, and parents will be required to fill out a daily COVID-19 Screening Waiver to attend. Anyone who presents a fever or other symptoms detailed on the screening waiver will be sent home.
- Drop off/Pick up – To help facilitate distancing, drop off will take place from 8:15 AM to 9:00 AM. Pick up will be from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM.
- Hygiene – Scheduled handwashing breaks will be built into each groups schedule. There will also be hand sanitizer throughout the park for campers to use.
- Field Trips – Field trips will not be permitted this year. Do not worry, we will be sure to make our own fun!
- Swimming – There will be no Monday morning swim at the Westfield Memorial Pool. Due to guidelines, we cannot have groups mingle.
We will continue to monitor developments regarding any state or local directives pertaining to youth activities and camps and will communicate any related changes.
Requests for a program refund must be made in writing to the Westfield Recreation Department at least two weeks before the program. No refunds will be issued once the program starts, and no refunds or pro-rations will be made for weather-related cancellations. For additional information, please feel free to contact the Recreation Department.