Coronavirus Business Resources
Directory of business resources for local businesses in the greater Westfield area.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Resources - The U.S. Chamber of Commerce put out guides to help understand the federal relief offerings for business:
- Other federal relief programs to help small businesses include Small Business Administration (SBA) Debt Relief and SBA Express Bridge Loans.
- The New Jersey Economic Development Authority has introduced grants, loans and other relief offerings for New Jersey businesses.
- The state's jobs and hiring portal matches employers and candidates. For employers to participate, click here.
- New Jersey's website for information on all of the state's business resources during the pandemic.
Coronavirus Emergency Loans Small Business Guide & Checklist
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act allocated $350 billion to help small businesses keep workers employed amid the pandemic and economic downturn. Known as the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), the initiative provides 100% federally guaranteed loans to small businesses. Importantly, these PPP loans may be forgiven if borrowers maintain their payrolls during the crisis or restore their payrolls afterward.
Coronavirus Small Business Survival Guide
The Coronavirus is causing financial difficulties for businesses across the U.S. The U.S. Chamber of Commerce provides a complete listing of all Coronavirus resources for small businesses.
Guide to the Employee Retention Tax Credit for COVID-19 Impacted Employers
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act created a new employee retention tax credit for employers (PDF) who are closed, partially closed, or experiencing significant revenue losses as a result of COVID-19.
Guide to SBA's Economic Injury Disaster Loans
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act expands the Small Business Administration's long-standing Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program (EIDL) (PDF). The EIDL program was created to assist businesses, renters, and homeowners located in regions affected by declared disasters.
New Jersey Economic Development Authority Grants, Loans and Relief Offerings
The NJ Economic Development Authority has introduced, grants, loans and other relief offerings for New Jersey businesses. Read through frequently asked questions about COVID-19 on the New Jersey Business website.
New Jersey Economic Development Authority Small Business Emergency Assistance Loans
The NJ. Economic Development Authority (NJEDA) begins accepting applications for its Small Business Emergency Assistance Loans today. The $10 million program will provide working capital loans of up to $100,000 to small and mid-size businesses.
New Jersey Self Employed Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA)
Guidance for self-employed individuals for filing an pandemic unemployment assistance claim:
- Self-Employed PUA Claim Instructions (PDF) - Information to apply online to collect Pandemic Self-Employment application benefits
- Self Employed Workers Pandemic FAQ (PDF) - Frequently asked questions about Coronavirus aid and unemployment insurance for those impacted by COVID-19 (PDF)
Questions & Answers on Unemployment
The New Jersey State Labor Department released a list of frequently asked questions and answers for workers dealing with unemployment (PDF).
Relief Program Update for Small Businesses
Relief Program Update for Small Businesses from Bob Zuckerman, Executive Director of the Downtown Westfield Corporation. Information on:
- CARES Act Small Business Administration
- Free Assistance to Help with SBA Loans and Grants
- New Jersey Economic Development Authority
- We Love Local Fund
SBA Debt Relief
The SBA is providing a financial reprieve to small businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic.